Thursday, March 13, 2008

How do I get to heaven?

Wow can you believe I am just writing something, I am so not a writer! But I cant pass this up...have to share. So Saturday we were in Wal-Mart...why do we do that to ourselves...anyway we were standing in the checkout line, Jason had gone to check out the $5 movies (as usual), and Jake and I were patiently waiting. Jake looks at me and says "mommy, when I die, how do I get to heaven?" Whoa...is my 3.5 year old really asking me this..already!? I said "well Jake you ask Jesus to come into your heart, and then when you die you go to heaven to be with Jesus." He said "oh". My heart still fluttering, I just kinda let it go....until......I heard Jake kinda whisper under his breath, sitting in line at Wal-Mart, "Jesus come into my heart so I can go to heaven" I couldn't believe what I heard and tears just welled up in my eyes, I gave him and little hug and never said another word...until Jason had finished rummaging thru the movies and then after telling him, we both shared some tears, standing in line at Wal-Mart. Oh the joy...I tear up every time I talk about it...but I could not be prouder of my curious Jake! What a way to start the Easter season!

4 comments:

MindiJo said...

That's way too precious, Tamara!!

Robbins' Nest said...

how sweet. You'll be glad you wrote it down so you'll never forget. what a tender heart he has! PS. I like the nose stud and I love the house!

Kat said...

holy cow.. thats the sweetest thing ever... aaahhhhh.. anyway i can't believe you got your nose pierced.. you are a crazy mom:) but i love it... so cool.. what does jake think? anyway talk to you soon. and send more pics of the house:)

The Bachman Family said...

Wow Tamara! Can it get any sweeter? He is so precious! We miss you guys! (Love the sparkle by the way- it took you long enough!)