Thursday, February 19, 2009

NO MORE DIAPERS!!!

Thats right! My Jonas is potty trained. Man I tell ya all the way down to how they potty trained my boys are so different from eachother. Jake took almost a full year to be completely potty trained to where we didnt have to worry any more. I have been working with Jonas for the past few months pretty lacks, not really knowing how to potty train at home and expect him to follow through with it at school too. Well he had done really well this weekend at home and so I braved it and put him in big boy underwear on Tuesday to school. He did so well, no accidents, Wed. the same thing (even dry thru the night mind you...which he has been doing for months anyway....another opposite of the boys...that is what took Jake so long). And today at school his teachers were so proud of him b/c he never told anyone he just went pee and poop on his own, all day.....I was so giddy all day about the whole thing! I was really nervous with us going on our vacation in just over a week...nothing worse than being paranoid the whole time b/c your child is trying to potty train, but he is so confient and has a bladder the size of a basketball (he holds it FOREVER) that I feel really good about the whole thing! Anyway if you cant tell I am just so excited about it and so totally proud of my big boy! YEA JONAS!! Another thing to just top of my day...my nephew is calling me Tia now....cant really say Tamara...so tonight after dinner he just kept saying "bye bye Tia....bye bye Tia" ( and knowing who he was talking to) Oh he won my heart...as if he didnt have it already! I will always be his Tia!!!

2 comments:

The Bachman Family said...

Hooray for Jonas! It's so funny how different each kid can be about it. Addie stays dry all day, but I think it will be quite a while before she wakes up dry!

lvalenc1 said...

Did I mention I'm a little bitter. I miss you guys so much. Tell Jason belated Happy Birthday (old man).